Saturday 29 August 2015

Love, Hate and glow in the dark sperm key rings




















Once again it was a lovely dry, warm day for Pride Cornwall.    Rainbow flags, music and cheers filled the streets of Truro as we carried the huge flag with pride.  This years theme was solidarity, as the parade made it's way through the city we thought of all those across the world for whom this would not be possible, the brave people who take part knowing they could be putting their lives at risk and the recent events in Jerusalem where six people were stabbed while taking part in Pride.  I usually attend with my son and his partner but they are away on holiday at the moment. The lovely young men on either side of me, complete strangers were soon chatting away to me and promising to pick me up if I tripped over the pavement, it's hard to see where you are going when you are carrying a huge flag!   Everyone is so friendly it really is a happy day.  As for the woman who deliberately slammed the door to the toilets in my face as popped to the loos before the parade, decked out in my rainbow beads, bracelet and sunnies...... shame on you.  Life must be hard when your heart is so full of hate.  At the party in the park afterwards, it was lovely to see the usual presence of the police and fire brigade there to show their support, and well done to Cornwall Council  who flew the rainbow flag outside of their offices.  We are so lucky to live in a country that supports equality.  The Quakers were giving out free bananas again this year,  and my manager was there on our stall handing out glow in the dark sperm key rings, you gotta love Pride :)


Life is still busy, we have had some valuations done on the house, £10,000 difference, do they just pluck figures out of the air?  Just waiting for the new shower to be fitted when my son and his partner (who is a plumber) return from their holiday, then we will put it on the market.   I'm still looking for our new home, but there is not much around at the moment, fingers crossed, when the time is right something will come on the market that ticks the boxes.  I'm trying to train the bearded one in the ways of house presentation before we put the house on the market.  The rules are:

The posh throws, towels and bath mats are for viewing only, DO NOT use them!


I hope to get around and read your blogs soon, have a lovely weekend dear blogging friends,

Chickpea xx


33 comments:

  1. What a fabulous riot of colour love the sperm key rings, when we had valuations done we went for the middle of a the road one you can always come down in price its very very difficult to go up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are thinking of going down the middle, I would hate for the house to be on the market for months, all that tidying!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing it will be a long time before such a parade happens here, the law has only just been passed allowing gay marriages and now some idiots from one of the political parties are challenging the new law. I often wonder if Ireland is really living in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one in Dublin Anne, but I don't know about the rest of the country. I hope the new law re: same sex marriage doesn't get overturned.

      Delete
  3. lovely pictures.

    I have a box when we are selling that are show only, out for the viewing, straight back in the box. my mum has show only all year round, family know the towels are in the cupboard under the sink. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sol. When I was growing up we had a show only front room that we were only allowed in at Christmas, I had to polish everything in there every weekend,

      Delete
  4. The Cornwall Pride looks like fun, such an important event, too. I do love those sperm key ring looks fab. Good luck with the house! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina, and yes it was a fun day but very important, especially to some of the older people there.

      Delete
  5. Pity people can't treat eachother with respect whatever they believe is right. Slamming the door at you is no way to display a different view. Good luck with the house. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty immature way to behave but I wasn't going to let one person spoil the day for me.

      Delete
  6. oy show house - we use to fly around for half an hour getting it on show, then slowly put it all back to livable. And again.
    Good luck. One day you will look back with relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Diana, it's getting on my nerves already!!

      Delete
  7. Such a shame there is still so much resentment about in this day and age. You can't help who you fall in love with... Good luck with the house sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that when someone shows a definite interest (and makes a decent offer) you will find the right home for you in your search. Don't just go on online descriptions; try to see them 'in the flesh', so to speak. Sometimes, the right one will speak to you as soon as you set foot in it. Ignore the decor - it can be changed; I don't believe these house-selling programmes that advise sellers to buy furniture and change decorations - it's the sizes of rooms, the area surrounding and the feelings that are important. I wish you all the luck and hope you can very soon fulfil that dream of moving to the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rambler, it will be good to get back out into the countryside.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely day.
    Good luck on the staging and remember a super clean bathroom and kitchen go a long way to sell a home.
    Not sure if I have told you this before, I used to stage houses and sold real estate.
    I hope some one walks in the door and falls in love with your home.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday roast being cooked at the moment so kitchen like a bomb hit it :)

      Delete
  10. Looks like great fun. Good luck with the training, it could be hard!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is haha, he just doesn't understand why our old tattered towels are not good enough for showing

      Delete
  11. It looks like a very colourful and exciting day. Sometimes the agents have people on their books just waiting for the right house to come along, you might be really lucky. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably going with an online estate agents, not sure how they work re: people on the books, but it will be on all the usual portals

      Delete
  12. I hope that all goes well with the sale!! And keeping everyone off the new towels and so on!!! OK, I have to say that I have never seen such a blog post title as this one and or a glow in the dark sperm keyring before! All good fun though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did make me laugh. I am terrible when it comes to staging the house for sale. Especially when the first photos are being taken :-) Your photos of Pride Cornwall were a joy to see, the colour and happiness in everyone's faces. The lady in the loo makes me think that there is always someone to dampen a day but it is always good to think that we are not one of them! Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she only succeeded in dampening her own day :)

      Delete
  14. haha! i'm laughing at the bath mats and towels -- my mum has a permanent display of tea towels that are Just For Show...so i always have to clarify before i dry the dishes.

    glad you had a good day for Pride...and it does my heart good to see so much community support as well. as it should be. i can't get my head around people who hate...it must take an awful lot of energy and be a terrible corrosion of their soul.

    good luck with the putting-up-for-sale part....i'm quite sure that everything will fall into place, just as it should be.

    xo

    ps. the sperm key rings are hilarious. especially the glow-in-the-dark option. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had no idea there was such a thing as a Cornwall Pride. Have just been in Devon, where I was told that some of the locals can be quite reactionary and "I'm not racist but..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are Plymouth and Exeter Pride events in Devon. We are a pretty chilled lot down in Cornwall :)

      Delete
  16. Wow - it's all go down there in Cornwall - love your final comments about the towels and throws! Glad the sun shone for Pride. All the best, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, it's not rained on Pride yet :)

      Delete
  17. What a fabulous event, a true celebration of love and tolerance. Great pics too :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!