Saturday 7 February 2015

Getting Back to Nature
















After feeling like my head has been stuck in a pillow all week, I just had to get out.  It was a fabulous day, sunny and warm for February.  Oh boy it was certainly worth it.  My trusty little camera served me well.  I will share with you a few shots from my coastal walk at Godrevy,  I was wondering if Leanne from Today's Stuff was also there as I know it is one of her favourite places.

I walked along the beach and noticed a couple of guys with huge cameras on tripods pointing out to sea, then saw a head bobbing around in the sea, then two, then three.  Seals are very curious creatures and came very close to the beach causing much exciting among the children watching.














I walked around to the cove where they usually congregate, it is surrounded by very steep cliffs so they are left in peace as most people wouldn't try to climb down to them.  We do have to keep the noise down so we don't disturb them when they are with their pups.





You could easily walk past thinking they were rocks on the beach.










I might not have a huge lens, but I'm pretty pleased with my zoom.








They couldn't have chosen a more beautiful spot




The lighthouse is such an iconic sight, it always reminds me of my childhood when we stayed at our chalet at Gwithian.  I would spend the summers wondering across the beaches and dunes barefoot and  wild.






I then walked back along the towans with rabbits scattering everywhere as I approached.  I sat quietly for a while, and soon they came out to feed and chase each other around.  My cousin has a farm at Godrevy, I'm sure he's not so happy to see them!








......and of course I can't leave out the seagulls.  My Australian cousins couldn't get over how big they are when they visited a couple of years ago,  it must be all that pasty snatching.




It was a beautiful day on a beautiful beach, so good I forgot about this stinking cold for a while :)






I hope you enjoyed my little trip out, I sure needed it, you know how I get if I can't get to the coast.


Welcome to penelope on Bloglovin,

Chickpea xx

49 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your amazing photos, your walk looked amazing, I really need to brave the cold and get out there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had lots of layers on but it was not that cold today. x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your day out, lovely photo's, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, so do I, I'm fed up with not being able to breath!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos - sounds like your trip out has done you the world of good so hopefully you are on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, thank you for letting us join you on your walk. All we see round here is muddy fields!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. It reminded me of our trip to Pembrokeshire in August 2012 - those blue-green waters and the seals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, it was such a treat to sea all those seals.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos and what a lovely walk, and all for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, it was a lovely walk, lots of people out enjoying the sunshine.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous photos - the sky is so blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those gorgeous seals, just like sleeping puppies! Love the one flat on its back and totally oblivious to the world :-) Fantastic photos and such vivid blue to cheer the spirits! I do hope you are recovering xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes VERY fat sleeping puppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Your walk looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed your coastal walk. Need to get there myself. Great to see the seals. We saw a colony of seals on the Norfolk coast last year. Just great to watch them & they seem to really come to life in the sea with a lot more energy than when they're lounging around on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly a lot more elegant in the sea!

      Delete
  12. Wow - I've never seen seals like that. How wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor had I, I was determined this year to get down there to see them, my cold wasn't going to stop me :)

      Delete
  13. Fantastic pics. Love the seals. What a great place. Hope you get better soon. We have all had the dreaded bugs here!
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling worse today Rosezeeta, it seems to hang around a long time!

      Delete
  14. Just gorgeous. I hope you're feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worse today! Totally fed up with it now. I had plans to do some gardening today, I think that will have to wait!

      Delete
  15. Looking at your pictures, I'm glad I didn't take a photo of the seagull eating out of a trash bin this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were resting between trash bin raiding

      Delete
  16. Beautiful photographs. Thank you for sharing. Hope you are feeling better now x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breathtaking photos, I can't believe the sea is so blue. Nature at it's best.
    I hope you are feeling better now.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, as you say nature at it's best

      Delete
  18. Hey Chickpea,
    The intention was to drive to Godrevy, but my eldest was behind the wheel, and my stress levels were so high that we parked up at Gwithian Towans instead. It was glorious there too. Perfect for blowing out the cobwebs. I love your seal pics and have just shown them to Olly. Someone had created beautiful patterns in the sand with a rake. We watched them getting swallowed up by the sea, before heading home for a bowl of stew.
    Happy days.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leanne, I love sand art, I wish I had seen that, so clever! Gwithian Towans is my favourite, lots of wonderful childhood memories. Haha, yes I can imagine how stressful that was!

      Delete
  19. Fabulous Pics, I love Godrevy.Thanks for giving me a Cornish treat. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime Knitty xx Your little 'fix' until your next visit.

      Delete
  20. Hello there.I must admit I gasped when I saw the Lighthouse pic,it has great significance to me,Godrevy is my all time favourite place in the world I LOVE it.Wont go into details but it has moving memories,I always feel,sad,calm, happy, wonderful when I'm there.Your photo's are so beautiful and those seals are just adorable,you have captured the beauty in all it's glory thank you for sharing this.Sorry,I'm a bit emotional.Hope you are soon better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lee, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos x It is a very special place for me as well

      Delete
  21. Beautiful photos, the light just glows, the seals dozing on the sands looked like hairy slugs! Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hairy slugs haha, yes they do, giant ones :)

      Delete
  22. Your pictures are Fab, Fab ,Fab. The seals are just so cute. I remember raising money whilst I was still at my secondary school to stop the seal culling in some faraway icy location. So nice to see so much care being taken not to frighten your local seals.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean, I remember getting up a petition when I was a teenager against killing baby seals for their fur in Canada. So cruel

      Delete
  23. Lovely photographs, especially the seals. I've never seen them in real life so must make a mental note to visit Godrevy sometime x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos and location! The seals really do look like rocks and bet lots of people miss them.
    Miss Tulip x
    The Thrifty Magpies Nest

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those seals are just gorgeous! Love the ones of lots of them on the beach. They look like a beautiful patterned velvet fabric. Wouldn't tat be lovely? OBh has FOUR toy seals from the sanctuary in Gweek! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, your seal pictures are amazing!!! You take great photos! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!