Tuesday 9 September 2014

Socks!! or Should I Say Sock!!




We are going away for a couple of nights from tomorrow and it can't come too soon.  OH has got a really bad cold and is feeling terrible, and I am still struggling.  I booked it before my op thinking it would be ideal to get back some fitness by walking along the coast.  I asked for a room with a view of the sea luckily as I think we might be spending a lot of time in our room resting and recovering.

I am taking a book, always the first thing I pack :)  and I wanted to take something crafty.  The crochet blanket and quilt I am working on are just too much to take.  After looking at Christinas wonderful socks here http://christinascolourfullive.blogspot.co.uk , I decided to find the sock I started years ago.  I managed to work out where I was in the pattern, but had completely forgotten how to knit with the three needles it was on.  I Youtubed it and they all had more than 3 needles and it all looked very complicated.  If I had used more than three needles, I had no chance of finding the others after all this time.

I had very little left to do, I don't remember why I stopped at this stage.  So after years shoved away in a drawer, I figured out how to do it and actually finished it this afternoon :)













I love the colours, it changes as you knit




Ta Da!!  One sock.  Not perfect but not bad for my first sock.  I'm going to work on the other while we are away.  Now where did I put that glove I started on years ago :)



Chickpea xx

Welcome to Debbie :)

14 comments:

  1. YEAH.. SOCKS.. love them
    I hope you have a nice restful time away. enjoy.. please post pics of the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of rest and recovery. Love the sock... I knitted a pair in that yarn a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours! Enjoy your break and I hope it speeds up your recovery xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks and enjoy your break you deserve it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sock. Are you going to make another one....? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I inspired you to finish your sock! It is beautiful, I really love this self striping yarn. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's fantastic. I can't believe it's your first sock, it's so good. Here's to finishing the other one now. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post has reminded me that I need to knit some more socks, we use them in bed in the winter but then pad around the house in them making holes, I think there is one pair left without holes.
    Once I get going I'm okay but its the thought of making them that's putting me off.
    Your yarn is lovely
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have just seen that you are gluten free, as I am it will be helpful to see what you area cooking.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone, I will be putting my feet up and trying not to do too much. well apart from knitting a sock :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Briony, I hate being GF but unfortunately my body has decided I can't have it :( If you click on simple foods on my tags there are a few recipes there. I will be putting a lot more up when I am back on my feet, including a GF bread recipe I use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only ever made one pair of socks and it was with that yarn. Lovely slouchy comfy socks. Have a nice time away.
    jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely colourful sock! Enjoy your break you both deserve a good one and let's hope it helps heal you both too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!