Saturday 16 August 2014

Ruan Lanihorne




I went to visit a dear friend today, who has recently moved into the beautiful little village of Ruan Lanihorne.  She is absolutely surrounded by cardboard boxes waiting to be unpacked and feels totally overwhelmed by it all.

Last year when I couldn't do anything, she came over, rolled her sleeves up hoovered, cleaned, ironed and did anything else that needed doing.  I'm so lucky to have such good friends.  So this was my chance to give her a hand, I couldn't lift anything, but sometimes you just need someone there to encourage you to make a start.  We sorted through six boxes and managed to clear one little area, having a laugh over some 80's decorating books.  How tastes have changed!  We also found a birthday card from my son to her son when they must have been 6 or 7 years old.  What were the chances of that among all the boxes!

Here are some photos from our stroll along the river.










The salt marshes













The area is known as a haven for bird watching, but I only managed to get some photos of the Canada geese.  Every now and then we could hear them overhead while we were working away at the boxes.  They made quite a noise as they flew over. There were a couple of 'twitchers' looking through their binoculars, but they didn't look excited so I guess there was nothing special there today.








I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Chickpea xx

8 comments:

  1. How lovely that you were able to help her out too. Beautiful photos from your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how lovely the cards were in one of the boxes you opened. Life never stops surprising you does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely place to be and you are a good friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked the card out of a box and thought 'thats a nice card' then realised I must have bought it all the years ago. Our sons are 30 now! Yes I am that old Julee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful place Fran, if I lived there I would spend many hours just gazing out the window. I had never been there before and I have lived in Cornwall all my life. I really need to explore my own county more xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a beautiful place. Good friends are wonderful people. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can well remember that feeling of looking at a sea of boxes after our last move. I had friends round to lend a hand too, takes the pressure off and turns a chore into a good afternoon.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!