Sunday 3 August 2014

Liebster





I would first of all like to thank Isabelle for nominating me for the Liebster.  It is a lovely way of getting to know more about bloggers and I have really enjoyed answering the questions.

So here is my Liebster blog


THE QUESTIONS I RECEIVED


1.  What dream would you like to see come true?
2.  What do you hope to be doing five or ten years from now?
3.  What is your happiest childhood memory?
4.  What is your favorite poem?
5.  What was your favorite subject at school?
6.  What major obstacle have you had to overcome in recent years?
7.  Who do you most admire or look up to?
8.  What are your best qualities of character?
9.  What is your strongest talent?
10. How has blogging changed your life?
11. What part of the world would you most like to visit?



1.  I used to dream I could fly, I would love to soar silently over the countryside


2.  I would like to be retired, living in a cottage with space around us to grow vegetables, maybe have some chickens and for the grandchildren to have room to roam


3.  My parents had a chalet at Gwithian Towans.  It felt like the sun always shone and the summer lasted forever.  I would wander barefoot all day on the towans beach and cliffs.  One memory that stands out from this time is when my dad used to swim through a rock pool called the sheeps pool.  It was very deep then and I would cling on to his back as he swam through the pool.  It was thrilling and scary at the same time.


4.   A Charles Causley poem Eden Rock it reminds me of my childhood.  I had it read out at my dads funeral


5.  English Language, I always had my nose stuck in a book


6.  Suspected ovarian cancer, and the operation that resulted. It was a very scary time.


7.  My youngest son.  He has Crohns disease and has pain and exhaustion every day, but has never let it stop him.  He works incredibly hard, never complains and this year won a Young Business Person of the year award.  When I’m feeling sorry for myself because I am in pain or tired, I just think of him and tell myself to snap out of it. Of course I’m extremely proud of my eldest son as well.


8.   A sense of fairness, I hate inequality.  My career has been about enabling people, to get what they are entitled to, to have the strength to get out of abusive relationships, to take control back.


9. I have a good sense of rhythm which you need when you play in a Samba band or else it can all go Pete Tong!


10.  I haven’t been blogging for long, but it has been a wonderful experience, I have ‘met’ some lovely people.  Blogging for me is like having a chat with friends, talking about my day and general moans and groans.  It spares my OH having to listen to it all 


11. Iceland, it looks magical,  I would listen to Sigur Ros while driving across the landscape.  I love the fact that it doesn’t get dark in the summer.   Brilliant for an insomniac like me





11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

I have always been a bit of a rebel, I go my own way, I’m not someone who feels the need to do what everyone else is doing.  For example if I was told girls don’t do something, I would do it = see number 2!

I used to have a motor bike and loved bombing around town (my parents hated it)

I often cry when I watch the news

I hated vegetables as a child

I am hopeless at remembering numbers and dates.

When I drink alcohol I come out in red blotches (it doesn’t stop me tho)

I talk to myself out loud..... a lot

I used to sleep walk until my early 20’s

I love The Walking Dead and have a crush on Daryl

I  love going to watch bands even tho at 5’ 1” I struggle to see anything

I have a tattoo shock horror! (that’s the rebel in me coming out)




THE QUESTIONS I AM PASSING ON


1. Which period in history would you liked to have lived?

2. Your favourite book as a child?

3. What genre of music would you say reflects your personality?

4.  Favorite quote?

5.  Why did you start blogging?

6.  Describe your character  in 3 words

7.  What is you ‘signature dish’?

8.  If you could be any age, what would it be?

9.  Do you have a heroine?

10. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

11. Sweet or savoury?


It has been really difficult choosing who to nominate as I'm not sure who has already done it.  If you have, sorry!  If you feel you do not want to do this, please don't feel pressured into doing it. It is something to be enjoyed not endured xx

So to the nominations,

Julee from Paid in Chickens, because she makes me laugh!

Em from Dartmoor Ramblings because I love seeing her photos and I am hoping to learn to identify some of the birds and insects.

Amy from Love made my home, because of her lovely chatty style.

Dawn from Doing it for Ourselves, because she works so hard she inspires me to get off my arse and get on with things.

I would have liked to nominate lots more but I think a lot of you have already done one.

Chickpea xx

Welcome to knittynutter on Bloglovin :)












7 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, Chickpea, and was particularly moved by your answer to question 7. And the fact that you often cry when watching the news (me too, I'm afraid). And I like you being a rebel - I love rebels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful answers and random facts. I love that you are a rebel!! I am rubbish at following rules, laws yes, rules no, so I feel that we have that in common!! Thank you so much for the nomination, you are very kind indeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a bit of a rebel in you makes you interesting after all who wants to be a sheep. :-)
    Thanks for the nomination food for thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, thanks...........I'm not sure why I make you laugh though hmmmmm

    Will put my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great read. I can see you as a rebel - a lot of musicians are. I've often wished I were a bird too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated Isabelle so it's nice to see where the Liebster is travelling. I enjoyed your lovely photographs of Cornwall. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world. So sorry to hear about your son's Crohn's - it's a horrible condition and especially tough for young people. I have ulcerative colitis so know what it's like, though my condition has pretty much been resolved by radical surgery. Good to find you via Year in Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Doris, I am lucky to live here, I love Cornwall.

    I glad to hear your condition has improved, IBD is horrible , I wish they could find a cure, I hate seeing my son suffer and not being able to do anything. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will try to reply to all you lovely people xx Spam will be deleted so don't even bother!